Saturday, September 15, 2007

Knitpicks new Harmony needles


I have been following the thread on Knitters Review regarding these needles and was surprised at how many said they hated the colors. I didn't hesitate to order as soon as I saw them because I loved the colors.

Anyway, they arrived today and I had to cast on and try them. One of the concerns expressed was how they would be with varigated yarn. I am using Seacoast yarn in the Acorn colorway, which is a pretty bland varigation, but I see no problems.

I know the image is sort of dark, but it is clear that the colors are not blinding. One thing though is that these are US size 2. The colors certainly could be more obvious in larger sizes.

The needles are smooth and light, the joins are smooth, and the tips are sharp. I really like these needles! I will be ordering more soon.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you like the needles. I haven't ordered any yet but will sometime in the near future. When are you coming to OKC again?

Unknown said...

I am planning to order some as well. Thanks for the information. I could not believe the number of people upset about the color, so I was a little worried. I prefer metal needles most of the time, but I have a couple of lacy things that need wood, and I had been putting off knitting them because I didn't want to fight the stiff kinky cables on my bamboo circs. Now I have no excuse!

Robin said...

I've been interested in seeing these needles, I too may have to buy some!