Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Woo-Hoo! Finished a Knit-a-Long


Hedgrow Mitts - started June 15th and finished July 14th. Dream in Color Starry in Blue Lagoon. I used size 1 DPN for the first mitt, but the Harmony circulars I ordered came in, so I used those for the second. I really like Magic Loop!

I love the shaping on these mitts. I think they are too long for me though. Good that these are for my daughter who has long slender hands. I'm going to make myself a pair although I am thinking about a different yarn.

But - mission accomplished. I joined a KAL and actually finished - a new experience for me.

Next up is a very old WIP - Rogue Hoody which I have been working on (or ignoring) for at least 4 years. I have set up a carrot - I bought some gorgeous lace weight for the Evergreen stole that I want to wear to symphony this year, but I am not allowing myself to touch it until I finish Rogue. I will see if I have any self discipline - well actually if I had any self discipline, Rogue would have been finished already. Anyway, I have done the body up to the arm openings, and I have started both sleeves, so there is not much left.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful! I love the color. I have to ask this, though. Does the yarn with the real silver in it require any special care?

Kay said...

I love that yarn....so pretty. Looks like you did a fantastic job too.