Saturday, July 11, 2009

How could I forget??

I don't finish that many projects, but I had forgotten to post about this one. My screensaver is a slideshow of my pictures, and this happened to come up. I don't want to look like a total knitting slug, so here it is - I really do finish some things!

The picture doesn't show how this fits, but I made it for the child of someone I don't really know at the request of a family member, and so I didn't get to see it on the actual child. The pattern is from sweaterbabe. The front has almost an empire waistline and the cabled part is gathered at the top. The raglan increases also have a sort of lace look because there are YO before and after each increase. I hadn't put buttons on yet because I wanted the person who requested this to pick the buttons.

This was an easy, fast knit - top down construction is the best! I have filed this pattern in my "make again" folder. I think next time I will put a lace panel instead of the cable.


I made this in Lion Brand Wool, and I think it took two skeins.

I also finished a lace panel scarf in some odd yarn I bought several years ago - plies of different pink ribbon with lumps of metallic pink and silver. It went to a 5 year old - daughter of one of my daughter's friends. However, I totally forgot to take a picture.

All right - back to Hedgerow. I am nearly to dividing for the thumb one the second mitt.

No comments: