Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Socks and yet more sock yarn

I have gotten some knitting done. These are my trip socks from Chameleon Colorworks Lichen colorway. The pattern is something I found in a stitch dictionary - no name.





















I also started another pair in a twilled rib. I can't remember this yarn, and I can't find the label anymore. I messed up and made this a little tight for me, so if my daughter doesn't want them, I'll frog them and try something else.


















I have always loved color, but somehow the colors in sock yarns can just knock me over. Here are the latest ones that I just had to have.


From left to right: Fresh Yarns Adirondack Memories (etsy shop) - Fall is my favorite season and this makes me long for football and the fair and soup and the smell of fallen leaves.


Tanis Fiber Arts Shadow colorway. I found this at Beehive Wools in Victoria, B.C. I love finding local (more or less) yarn when I travel. You can't see the shades of greens and blues in the gray in the picture.


Tempted Glam Grrl in Roxanne colorway - I have been trying to get this at Loopy Ewe for several weeks and finally got one. You can't see the sparkle of the silver fibers, but they are there.


Arucania in Ranco colorway. I found this at Beehive also. I seldom buy any yarn in blue, but this has such a beautiful play from different shades of blue to purples.


J Knits in AC 142 colorway. This seemed so preppy somehow with the pinks and grays. These will be great spring socks.

And so, despite three boxes of sock yarn already in the closet, I yield to the call of color. Maybe I'll just leave it all in baskets around the house and enjoy the view!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn! I think the lady who does the Tempted is from Tulsa or close by. Loops of Tulsa (loopsknitting.com) also sells her sock yarn. Nothing against Loopy Ewe...Sheri is great...but sometimes it's hard to get a yarn there because of so many waiting to pounce.

Kay

Unknown said...

Beautiful yarns. I've been behind on reading your blog because I'd been depending on the feed through Ravelry, and I just found out it hasn't been coming through. You weren't the only one. Hope yhou're having a good summer.

Barb Matijevich said...

The yarn made me salivate. No, I'm serious.

And your knitting? Well, I just wanted to take back my assertion that I'm a knitter at ALL. Dude, you so totally rock.

And if those socks don't fit your daughter's liking, I'm a size 8...