Friday, June 27, 2008

And 51!!

49. Winter Study by Nevada Barr. I love the Anna Pigeon books although they are much darker than I usually read. This one had a good mystery that kept me guessing nearly to the end. I enjoyed the setting, Isle Royale in January, and enjoyed the wolf element.

50. Buried Bones and 51. Splintered Bones both by Carolyn Haines. I enjoyed the first two I read and these were also good. Buried Bones had an intriguing premise, a formerly prominent author now forgotten who was planning his tell-all memoirs is murdered; this sounds trite but this author makes it fresh.

I'm going to have to take a break now and get some knitting done. I have two socks and one new pair to do and two baby sweaters to finish.

3 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

I've enjoyed reading through your list and have put some of them on my "To Read" list. I have no idea how many books I've read this year so far...I'll have to count the list on my blog and see!

Marley said...

Why would we read something deep? Reading is our escape...don't make me think about anything more serious than shoes and lipstick!

Unknown said...

I loved Winter Study as well. I've been "reading" some books on audio while I've been seriously junking out a couple of rooms and spinning.

The Harrington Consortium has been a wonderful source.