Monday, July 28, 2008

Mice in the House!!


Can you tell I'm an ADD knitter? With two baby sweaters to finish, and at least 5 socks on needles, I make mice!




These were such fun to make though. I got to use up some leftovers, and these were amazingly quick to knit. I timed one; it took me approximately 45 minutes to finish the knitting. Of course then I had to felt them, stuff them (including catnip) and sew them up. That was easy except for fighting off my cats while I stuffed them.


The pattern is in a book, Kitty Knits. I found at least 3 other projects in there to put on my list.

It helps to have appreciative recepients. This is Kate who appears somewhat wasted after half an hour of rolling, rubbing and biting her mouse.





This may look like a lot of mice, but my extended family are all cat lovers. In fact, four mice have already been delivered to other homes, and most of the ones left will be going to my daughter's home - she has eight indoor cats!
Now back to the baby sweaters and socks. I have to get some of these finished because I go back to school in three weeks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those mice are sooo cute! I'll have to find that book and make some for Lexi.

Deb said...

What adorable mice! My cats would love them. I'll have to check out the book.