Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

I just saw this on another blog.


Booking Through Thursday
Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?
If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?
If you’re not going to read it, why not?
And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?


Yes, I am anxiously waiting for midnight Friday. We are traveling to see our daughter and her husband. Marley and I will be at the midnight sale, get our books and get home as fast as possible. We have both planned snacks for our marathon read and will finish the book early Saturday morning.

This is what we did with the last book, although Marley was in Chicago and I was in Texas. We talked by cell phone as we waited in line, got the book, and read through it. She reads faster than I do; she was through by 4 am and I finished around 4:30 am.

If JKR follows archetypal writing, Harry should survive although probably with some sort of major loss. I am afraid at least one Weasley will die, although I hope not Ron, and I am sort of worried about Neville. I think Remus Lupin might be a possibility also.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I agree with you on the last statement on Harry Potter surviver. I wish you lot of fun celebration Potter's latest book this weekend!

Marley said...

I finished the last book by 2:30 am, thank you very much. And I had already thrown it and cursed Snape's name and cried.

Literary Feline said...

My friend is trying to encourage me to pull an all nighter but it won't happen. I told her that I'm old and have to be at work at 7 a.m. in the morning on Friday. There is no way I will be able to stay awake all night, no matter how good the book is. LOL So, Saturday during the day and into the night will be my time with Harry and friends.