Sunday, July 24, 2005


What an amazingly peaceful place to sit and knit; I'm on the deck of a friend's cabin outside of Angel Fire, N.M. They have worked incredibly hard to refurbish this fishing cabin into a comfortable and beautiful place to relax. It is a trek to get there, but absolutely worth the effort. I sat and knitted and watched hummingbirds, woodpeckers, and chipmunks.

It is also about 40 minutes away from Taos, so of course we had to go to get great Mexican food (the best vegetable tamales in the world) and yarn for me. We went to Taos Sunflower, which is on the road to the ski area in Arroyo Seco; what a great place! I saw so many yarns that I have only been able to read about before; they had a huge inventory! I was able to get Lavold's Silky Wool to finally make Branching Out from Knitty, and Lamb's Pride worsted to try felting. It was such a pleasant store - very large and cool and such nice ladies at the counter.

This was relaxing trip - a great way to end the summer before I have to get back in the classroom and face freshmen again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a handsome woman! I'm so blessed to be married to you.