Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Finally finished! This is the Audrey tank from Elsebeth Lavold's Sophisticated Lady book. I used KnitPick's Elegance yarn (alpaca/silk blend) in Wild Rose.

I had to make 7 (yes, SEVEN) attempts at this thing before I finally got past all my mistakes. Not all my mistakes - there is an error in the chart for the straps, and I think corrections should be posted on the Lavold site by now. I even cast on the wrong number and had to frog from the beginning of the straps down to nothing and start over.

I did learn to properly do YO. I searched all my reference books and finally found a simple explanation in an edition of Cast On. They said, "just make sure the yarn is in the front" and it worked!

I was very pleased with the straps when I finished blocking. I know they are hard to see in the picture, but I can't get a picture from my daughter without a cat in it. The center, that you can't see, has a broken rib pattern.

Once I finally got past all the silly mistakes, this was an easy sweater to do. I am thinking about doing another one, perhaps in Rowan's Calmer.

No comments: