Monday, May 28, 2012

And a year later . . .


And a year later . . .    I bought a house June, 2011; my daughter moved back to Texas and into my house the same month as living in Joplin was extremely difficult.  This year I also sold my old house, and I bought my first car all by myself. 

I made it through an extremely difficult school year - new state test with little information as to how the test had changed, a new, administrator chosen curriculum, challenging students.

I'm ready for a calm summer with lots of knitting time.  I need to do some painting, refinish some furniture, and finish unpacking boxes, but I also plan to sit and knit as much as possible.

I also finished my second KAL - the Color Affection shawl in the picture above.  I used MadelineTosh Tosh Merino Light in Silver Fox, Manor, and Tart.  This was my first  project with MadelineTosh yarn, but it won't be the last - I love this yarn!  The colors are amazing!

And, the purple streak in my hair?  I was celebrating the end of the school year - sort of.  "When I am old, I shall wear purple . . ." - I felt old at the end of this year!

1 comment:

Panhandle Jane said...

I hope you have a wonderful summer--you certainly deserve it! Lovely shawl!