Monday, May 23, 2011

So sad today

How ironic that my last post is about knitting hats for the men who helped my daughter move. Today I was asking my daughter if those men are all right.

I'm asking for prayers for Joplin, Missouri. My daughter lives there, and thanks to God, she is okay. Many of her friends have lost their homes and, so sadly, at least one friend lost her life. A theater where my daughter has performed was leveled; people were there cleaning up from their last performance, and, while they were in the basement, one lady lost her life and a young man is in serious condition with a head injury.

I am looking at pictures, and I can't even recognize places that I have been. The large Home Depot is a pile of twisted metal. The largest hospital is now not usable.

It's hard for me to imagine how Joplin will come back from this. So many businesses are gone; so many people will not have jobs or homes.

I'm not going to post pictures; I already hate looking at what used to be a thriving town.

2 comments:

Panhandle Jane said...

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend and about what has happened to her town. We know first hand here what just a little bit of tornado destruction can cause, and we were just commenting on the pictures of Joplin. It is so difficult to imagine anything that widespread. My prayers are with her.

Kay said...

I'm glad to hear your daughter is ok but am so sorry to hear about her friends. The destruction is just horrible.