Saturday, June 13, 2009

WWKIP 2009 in the Texas Panhandle



This was a very different WWKIP than I experienced last year when I was vacationing in Seattle, but there are very few knitters here where I live, and we aren't very organized. Not having an active LYS makes a difference. However, there is a group, and today was my first time to meet these great ladies. We met in one of the local parks (all 5 of us) and knitted and talked and snacked.

The really creative one decided to make and leave some knitted graffiti, so the tree has a striped sleeve.


I had a great time and got to know some wonderful knitters. I have high hopes for more meetings and more talk about projects and yarn and food and . . . .



2 comments:

this too will pass said...

try "knitted lives" in Google; kind regards, charles

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get to come!