Monday, May 04, 2009

The Crew

Since I don't have any knitting to show, and I wanted to post at least once a month, I decided to share pictures of my buddies.
This is the Kittyboy (terrible name I know - long story) who is the most important cat. He arrived in my back yard early one morning. My dogs chased a tiny kitten up the fence, but when I put up my hands to him, he stepped down right into my hands as if he were home. He pretty much rules this house - I get up early every morning to get him wet food for breakfast. I don't have a solo picture of Alice. She is the oldest and the crabbiest, and this is what she does most of the day.

This is Agatha. She arrived when a friend's mother-in-law had to go to a nursing home. The friend is definitely not a cat person, so Agatha moved in with me. She has to be one of the blandest cats I have ever been around.
I have posted about Kate earlier. She came wandering out of the woodpile one Thanksgiving. She is such a funny cat. She makes a lot of noise but seldom opens her mouth - so not meows but more like muttering. She stomps through the house like a little bulldog and torments the other cats.And lastly, Oscar. He doesn't actually live with me - he lives with my daughter who thinks he is her cat, but I try every time I visit to bring him home with me. He is such a sweet cat. Actually it is probably better for him to not be with me because Kate would make his life miserable.

I'm not quite a crazy cat lady, but I certainly enjoy this crew.









2 comments:

Kay said...

You have a gorgeous bunch of kitties!

Marley said...

Fine. Oscar *is* your cat, but you can't take him home with you. Kittyboy would be mean to him, Aggie and Alice would hiss at him, and Kate would beat the snot out of him. Plus he hates dogs.