Saturday, February 02, 2008

Blogs I Read

I read Panhandle Jane's list of 10 blogs she reads and was surprised to see mine listed. I find it hard to believe that anyone would read this beyond family.

Anyway, here is the list of my favorites:

Panhandle Portals: This is written by a teacher and knitter in a small town close to mine. She does beautiful work for herself and her grandchildren. She also has great comments on books.

The Pioneer Woman: Another blogger sent me to this one. She is a rancher, photographer and cook who is very entertaining.

Addicted to Knitting: This is written by a knitter in Oklahoma City. I get to vicariously visit yarn stores through this blog.

Backstage Stitches: I found this blog through Knitters Review. The blogger works in theater in California, is a knitter, and takes classes in martial arts. Very interesting!

ChappysMom: This blogger knits and reads. She periodically posts lists of books she has read with reviews. I find several I want to read each time.

Knitting Fisher: My husband found this blog when searching for a picture of Sitka, Alaska after we returned from a cruise. She is a teacher, knitter, and lives in a beautiful part of Alaska.

Looking Glass Knits: This blogger has such beautiful patterns that she has created. She designed a baby sweater with a field of lambs for the yoke that I really want to try.

I Can Has Cheezburger?: This is not a blog, but people post pictures of animals, primarily cats, with appropriate captions. These make me laugh out loud every time I look! This is also the home of the walrus with the bucket pictures. If you haven't seen this, you should google walrus with bucket and take a look.

I know I haven't listed 10, but these are the ones I read every time they post. I also appreciate Kay of Addicted to Knitting who let me in on Bloglines, so I can subscribe to blogs and then they let me know when there is a new post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so flattered to be on your list. Thank you so much. We had another great night at Knit-In at Gourmet Yarn tonight. I wish you could attend some time....we have great fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Glad you enjoy my reading lists so much. They're always fun to put together.

SisuGirl said...

Thanks for including me in your list! I love finding new blogs and being included in yours is fantastic. I'll post some pictures from Sitka soon :)

Jen said...

Thanks so much for putting me on your list! I'm flattered.