Sunday, January 21, 2007

UFO's - Batch #1


















Here are the two that I have nearly finished. The pinwheel blanket was for a great-nephew - who turns 5 next month. However, his mom is pregnant again, so it will be great for the next one. The sweater and hat are for a former student's baby. I don't normally knit for ex-students (or current ones) but this young man is on his second tour in Iraq, and I teach with his mother.
















The striped sweater is from the naturally colored cotton; I can't remember the name, but I know I bought it from elann. This was going to be a V-neck pullover for me, but I think I am going to frog it and use the yarn for something else. The other sweater is a Rogue hoodie for my daughter. You can see the body is to the armholes, and I have started the sleeves. I got off on the cables on the sleeves, so I need to rip some out and try again. I have enjoyed this pattern but it has also been incredibly frustrating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the rogue hoodie a couple years ago. I found some of the pattern frustrating to the point of throwing the partially made sweater and swearing....until I figured it out. It turned out beautifully so stick with it.

Anonymous said...

I love this baby sweater!! (2nd pic down) Any idea where this pattern came from? I'd love to knit this for my niece.