Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And more UFO's



So, I found 3 more UFO's. The red is the start of Rowan's Audrey in Calmer. I can't believe I forgot this because I loved this color when I saw it in a yarn store, but they didn't have quite enough. I took a chance, bought what they had and then tried to find more. Luckily I found some online and, even though the dyelots aren't the same, they all look the same. Now I just need to get this done.
The other two are furry scarves - I am so tired of novelty yarn! Again, color caught me on the orangey one - it is a great blend of orange, pink and gold. I bought the yarn for the other scarf on a clearance for possibly gnome beards. However, it has quite a bit of metallic copper, so I don't think it would be right for beards, but a colleague thinks she would like a scarf, so I'll get it done. I only have about 6 inches left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that red scarf. I may have to find some of that yarn for my next Red Scarf Project.

Anonymous said...

When I saw your blog name I knew you had to be somehow connected to OU! I live in OKC and we have a knitting guild and also knit-ins at our LYS. Maybe someday you can get here for one. Anita

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed that you're getting all this UFO knitting done. I've started a pair of gray socks for Project Spectrum, and I'm working slowly on a couple of UFOs of my own--both knitting and sewing. When TAKS is over, perhaps I can work a little more steadily.