Monday, October 03, 2005



Taos Wool Festival - what fun!!

On the left are the alpacas - beautiful animals! On the right are the baby yaks - part of the animal exhibit. I haven' t yet found out what yak fiber is used for, but aren't they cute.

There were interesting demonstrations - we watched the sheep shearing done with hand clippers.

The booths were pretty good also. Lots of roving, spinning things and dyeing things, which I am not so interested in, but some great yarn also. I bought 3 hanks from the Brooks booth - great handpainted mohair and mohair blends. I also found some beautiful yarns at Plain and Fancy Wool, also hand dyed and just beautiful. I will post pictures of the yarn as soon as I get time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.