Saturday, August 27, 2005


It has been a long time since I last posted, but I have been knitting. I actually have 4 socks in progress, but these are the ones I am concentrating on. The one on the left is from the KoolAid dyeing party. The one on the bottom is KnitPicks Sock Landscapes in Gladiolus and I'm using the rib and cable pattern from Interweave Knits. The upper right is Lorna's Laces in Gold Mine; these are my first experiment in a pattern of my own - sort of. I found a spiraling cable pattern in Harmony Guide and made it fit my sock pattern.

I am also 12 rows from the armholes on a Rogue Hoody and have two scarves going. Thanks goodness football season is starting, so I should have lots of knitting time as I watch; except when the Sooners play because I will need to concentrate then.

The start of school has also slowed me down. I am teaching in two buildings this year: 9th in a high school and 8th in a middle school. It is going to take a lot more organization than I usually have to make this year work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe anyone can do such beautiful work, how cn I get these sock patterns,I am a beginner
Marthaplease email me lvbroadwell2rjsonline.net

Amie said...

The KoolAid dyed yarn looks TERRIFIC! I was going to ask where I could buy it until I saw you'd done it yourself!

Great job!