Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Socks

Socks have been my newest obsession in knitting. I started my first pair January 1st and finished my sixth pair Monday, March 14th. I have used mostly yarn from elann, except for the very bright striped socks, and I used KnitPicks Simply Striped for those. The blue were simple 2X2 rib.

I am working on the Broadribbed socks from Knitty, using the cotton Esprit yarn from elann, and I really like them also. Although, I am using Brittany Birch needles and have already broken one. Thank goodness for their guarantee!

I'm not sure what to do next. I have accumulated enough yarn for 26 pair in my stash - elann, KnitPicks, Opal, Regia. I am looking at patterns in Socks, Socks, Socks, and Knitting for the Road. I think I will use a solid color and try the Denmark cables next.

No comments: