Saturday, June 12, 2010

Showers of Blessings


I've had a frustrating start to my summer. I was taking my dog to the kennel, getting ready to leave town when my car started overheating. I zipped to the car repair place where they thought it was just a water pump, but it turned out I needed a new head gasket and a water pump and . . .
Then my sister offered me her car, so I could take my trip anyway. What a relief!!
Then I came home and couldn't get my mower to start. The husband of a lady in my knitting group looked at it, and I did what he said, but it still wouldn't start. So, a good friend came and worked on it last night, got it working, and then insisted on mowing some for me. Again, what a relief!
So, I didn't have to buy a new mower, and the repairs to the car actually came to a little less than the original quote (although ironically it was only a few hundred over what I will earn at my summer job - like they knew what I would be making.). I take this a lesson to me to have some faith! I have been blessed beyond measure with family and friends that are willing to help, and I know that when things happen, a way to work them out will come clear.
I have told them all in person, but one more time - Thank you so much!!!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Those truly are a shower of blessings. I'm glad to hear you got to take your trip!

anita said...

Random acts of kindness make us feel wonderful whether receiving them or performing them! I, too, am glad you got to take your trip.

queen of everything said...

what a blessing it is when you can help a friend in need, and know that the blessing was well received. i hope to be joining the knitting group soon. see you at wwkip