Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sock yarn stash


This is the yarn stash that could overflow my house! And this is just sock yarn!

Looks are deceiving - there are two layers in each box. I have totally lost count of how pair of socks I could make - at last count I could make 25 pair. And, I ordered 4 more skeins yesterday.

Maybe Socktoberfest will get me going, but I have to finish the baby cardigan since it looks like Addison will come early, and my daughter wants her tunic since the weather has gotten colder. Although, I am about halfway through the hood on the SWS tunic and should be able to mail it by Tuesday. Then the plan is to zoom through the cardigan and then back to socks.

3 comments:

LaVerna said...

Very impressive stash!I can relate.I keep ordering more sock yarn for some crazy reason.I live closer to Canyon than Amarillo.

Unknown said...

Your stash is wonderful! I am wanting to make socks so badly right now--3/4 of a first sock done for me, a Socks for Soldiers on needles that I am faithfully working on a little bit each day. I have two grandbabies on the way, however, so I'm knitting Mason-Dixon kimonos and sewing bassinet covers right now. And, of course, desperately grading papers before progress reports are due.

Your stash has given me inspiration and certainly keeps me from feeling guilty about mine--or perhaps I feel guilty because mine is not up to your standard.

Marley said...

And you say I have toooo much makeup? Look at all that yarn!! See, we're both just attracted to pretty colors. But you knit with yours, and I paint my face with mine. It's all relative (and must be genetic).

i forgot to tell you, nate was looking at my new sweater and he left it on the couch- and GUESS who curled up on it so happily, like you'd knitted it for him? Yes, awful Wally, the cat I'm giving you for Christmas.