Saturday, September 30, 2006


ADD Sock knitter??

After signing up for Socktoberfest, I thought I should look at socks I am already making. I think I have gotten a little carried away. To the right is Socks That Rock, and I can't remember the colorway. I was a little disappointed when I got the yarn because I didn't expect so much yellow. I'll still finish them because the yarn really feels nice.

In the middle is my second pair of Chutes and Ladders from elann's Sock It To Me. That pattern, which I got from Six Soxs KAL, is fun to do - these are for a friend for Christmas. Bottom left is KnitPicks Sock Memories, and again, I cannot remember the colorway. I was making the Ribs and Cables from IK for my daughter, but she tells me no more socks for now, so I think I will frog this sock and try something else. Top left is what I actually planned for Socktoberfest, Snowflake Lace in Lorna's Laces.

I was too embarrassed to take a picture of all my other UFO's, but I counted 4 sweaters, three scarves, and one pair of ballerina slippers to finish. Football should help because I really enjoy watching football while knitting, and, since the Sooners aren't doing that well, I don't really concentrate on their games.

2 comments:

kay_okc said...

Hey!! We are doing GREAT!! Surely you saw that play the official did NOT call correctly on the Oregon game???? We were robbed!!! :-) We've won all our other games.....stay tuned!!

Unknown said...

I wanted to come to the HS game on Friday night, and I was going to see if you were there. Didn't get to come, though.

I'm not a college football fan, but I've been knitting through NASCSR. I had never watched a race until I read Sharyn McCrumb's St. Dale this summer and got interested.

I don't have that many socks on needles, but I do have several UFO's, and I have some serious smocking to do with grandbabies coming.