Thursday, July 13, 2006


Yes, I'm a geek - this is the picture I plan to send to Knitters. I'm standing in front of Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek - an art museum in Copenhagen. This was my first trip to Europe; we went to Copenhagen because one of my grandfathers emigrated from there in 1902 and we wanted to see where he had lived.

It is a mecca for shoppers - I loved it! I found Debbie Bliss Cathay for around $3.50 a skein - I bought 10 pale blue and 12 pumpkin. And, the one thing I really wanted, I found at Sommerfuglen, a really amazing yarn store - some Danish produced wool. I bought a 400m hank that is dark blue, purple and dark green. I don't know what to make yet, but probably some sort of lacey scarf. I'm going to use Grumperina's Picovoli pattern to make tops for my daughter and niece out of the blue Cathay, and a light cardigan for me out of the pumpkin.

We also saw castles and museums and churches. What an amazing place! I am already planning another trip back, although I need to recover from airline glitches for awhile longer.

1 comment:

kay_okc said...

That sounds like a glorious trip. Do you think you might post some pics of the yarn you bought? I'd love to see it.