Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Baby sweaters are really fun to make! One of my daughter's close friends is having a baby in December, so when I saw a link to a simple pattern on the KR forums, I just had to try it. I bought the Encore at Gourmet Yarns in Oklahoma City. I don't know gender yet, so this varigated seemed appropriate for either, although I am generally not a fan of variagated. Now that I have made this pattern, I will get some nice cotton, and try again, especially since I hope to know gender soon.

This was a very easy pattern - took me 2-3 days to finish. It called for I-cord instead of ribbon, but I really don't like making I-cord. I plan on using a solid color for the next one and getting plaid or dotted ribbon for the ties.

7/16: I should have put this in the original post. I found the pattern via a link on the Knitters Review Forum - dogsstealyarn.com/yoda.htm

5 comments:

Marley said...

that is ADORABLE!!!!

kay_okc said...

That is sooo cute!! I was in Amarillo last night but didn't have time to visit the yarn shop.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I enjoyed meeting you when you paid us a visit. Hope to see you again soon!

Alliesw said...

I love this--and it looks like just what I need to have a sweater ready for a shower, thanks!

Jill said...

That sweater is very cute. Do you mind providing a link to the pattern source? Thanks?